Updated International Standard ISO 22000:2018 “Food Safety Management Systems. Requirements for the organization involved in the food chain” was published on June 19, 2018.
The development of the new version was aimed at harmonization of international documents in the field of food safety, such as:
- General principles of food hygiene Codex Alimentarius Commission, including the annex – HACCP system;
- Global Food Standard of the British Retail Consortium;
- Guidance document of the Global Initiative for Food Safety;
- Guidance on the application of the HACCP Principles approved by the American National Consultative Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Food;
- National standards;
- Corporate standards of the largest firms and others.
The main changes / improvements were:
- High-level structure ISO (HLS), which is a common basis for all management system standards, designed to simplify the integration of several management systems in the organization’s processes.
- A new risk-based approach – as a vital concept in the food business. The standard distinguishes risk at the operational level, using the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles and the risk at the strategic level of the management system (business risk), by determining which the enterprise will be able to find opportunities to achieve specific business objectives.
- Two Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycles. The first cycle refers to the management system as a whole, and the second one, embedded in it, refers to the operations described in Section 8, which covers the principles of HACCP.
ISO 22000:2018 cancels and replaces ISO 22000:2005. Organizations certified by the standard have three years from the date of publication for the transition to the new version.
- Про DQS-Україна
- Сервіси сертифікації
- Інші послуги
- Контакти з DQS